Hey Everyone! Cierra here, today I’ll be sharing a step by step tutorial on how to make your own galvanized metal sign. Since we are in the middle of summer, I went with a nautical stencil but the choice is yours!
What you will need:
- Galvanized Metal Sign- You can find a small sign with decorative edges at Wal-mart for $2.97 or a crinkle kind of large sign for just a few dollars more.
- Stencils- You can make your own stencil or find a wide variety at any craft store.
- Multi-Purpose or Indoor/Outdoor Gloss Acrylic Paint
- Little Sponges or Paint Brushes, really whatever your preference is
- Masking Tape, this will come in handy with keeping the stencils still while painting
To begin, you are going to set the stencil how you want it, then take a few pieces of masking tape and secure the stencil to your sign.
Then using whichever color you decided to go with, and take the little sponge and dab onto stencil. Don’t get too much paint on the sponge because otherwise it will bleed under the stencil.
After you are done applying about two coats of acrylic paint (That will depend on the color you chose and how light or dark you want your specific color). Remove Stencil by lifting straight up, if you drag and there’s any wet spots left it will get ruined.
If you find any spots where the paint bled or any tiny imperfections, you can take a cue tip and some nail polish remover and use it like an eraser.
Then hang up wherever or display wherever you like and enjoy the hand-painted sign you just created! Have A great day!