I hope you are all doing well! Cierra here and I just wanted to give a little update of what’s coming in our tomorrow’s, hence the title.
Lindsey: Currently working on her last semester for her bachelor’s. She’s also flexing her Girlboss muscles at work.
Cierra: Just sent in my application for my 6th semester of my bachelor’s program and trying to deal with some work changes.
Sydnee: A month into her junior year of high school and constantly training in figure skating.
Collectively, we are all very excited to be heading to Disneyland in just a few weeks to experience Halloweentime. This and Christmas is our favorite time at Disneyland. We’re still training for the superheroes half marathon weekend infinity gauntlet challenge. Lindsey and I are excited to go back to the farmer’s market for my bake shoppe (www.cierrasbakeshoppe.com). Plus all of us are so excited for fall! Two of the three of us have already put up our Halloween decorations and we don’t care who knows it! Haha!
We hope you are all having a wonderful week and we’ll talk to you soon!
How is it Monday again already?
I am on getting ready to head out the door to start another long week at work, luckily my boss will be out of town Wednesday-Friday so I can skip the heels and slacks.
Today, I wanted to share with you two of my Monday must have’s, and no one of them is not coffee because that goes without saying!
My first Monday must have is the Goodr sunglasses for running! As I have been scrolling through Instagram lately, I kept seeing these really cute sunglasses that a number of people have been wearing. When I looked into them, I loved the fact that they were only $25.00 and that they had hilarious names to go along with them. I loved mine so much that Sydnee even wound up getting a pair about 2 days after I did.
During our training runs we will be rocking these adorable glasses. Let us know if you would like us to do a separate review :). The color that I chose was Flamingo’s On a Booze Cruise because I love pink! Sydnee went with Gardening with A Kraken.
My second Monday must have is these adorable flats! The two on the left cost me $3.00 and the two on the right cost me $5.87 each. Since I am all about comfort on most days these heels were an amazing find. I had already purchased a pair of the red previously and since I receive compliments on them, I should probably purchase another pair before fall. One tip that I do have is that if you are going to buy these flats and have ankles that rub easily, pick up some heel guards in the shoe department. I spend less than a $1.00 on these and they have made it so I can happily wear flats without the blisters.
What are your Monday must have’s?
I hope that you all had a great week. I know that my sisters and I are very happy that it is finally Friday!
We will be resuming Friday Favorites again next week. For now, I will give you a little update as to what we’ve been up to lately.
- Sydnee started her junior year of high school this week. With a number of honors classes and National Honor Society meetings, it is a good thing she has a good day planner! In addition, she is gearing up for a skating competition that is quickly approaching. Those early morning practice sessions make her super thankful that an iced coffee is only a short drive away!
- Cierra’s job is currently in the process of hiring some new employees so that in itself is stressful. In addition, she is gearing up for a few finals to finish up this current semester and move forward toward her bachelors. She is also gearing up to start back at the Farmer’s Market this September so switching into Girl Boss mode will require a bit of caffine!
- Lindsey’s boss is back from a month long vacation which means getting back into the swing of daily clients and staying a little bit later at work. Luckily, they supply the coffee! In addition, she is entering her last semester of school. Thankfully, coffee helps provide the motivation needed to get through the tough weeks and long nights!
We hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend!
What are your plans for this weekend?
I hope that all of you are having a fantastic Monday so far. I am always sad when Monday comes back around. One thing I have found that always helps me get ready for the week is having my work bag ready to go on Sunday night.
Today, I wanted to share with you, What’s In My Bag, Work Edition.
My chosen work bag is a Disney Dooney and Bourke. While I did own another bag previously, this one helps remind me that in most cases, I am working to fund my next Disney Trip!
One of the best things about this bag is that it is huge on the inside. It has quite a few pockets so I never feel like I have to leave anything behind.
As for what goes into this bag…
On any given day, the contents could differ greatly. For now, these are my necessities.
- My Lily Pulitizer planner and pens. This a new purchase for me (because who doesn’t need another day planner!). I went with the mini because it fits perfectly inside of this bag and allows me to carry my planner with me whether I am at home or at work.
- Sunglasses and sun glass case. I always have both of these on hand because #1. the glasses case is usually holding my glasses and #2. I hate having to squint with the sun in my eyes. This adorable case was purchased at Charming Charlie’s and I purchased the make up bag to match
- Hand sanitizer. Since this bag is not big enough to fit the kitchen sink, I always have at least two bottles of hand sanitizer on me at all times.
- Saline eye drops. Because I wear contact lenses, I often find myself with dry eyes. These saline eye drops are a god-send when my eyes feel like I am trekking through the Arabian Desert!
- Concealer and Mascara. Sometimes, I don’t have time to run home to re-apply before heading for a night out. Since that is the case, I found that carrying the basics with me is a big help.
- Extra contact lenses. While I do wear 2-week lenses currently, I usually carry a pair of one-a-days with me in case of emergency.
- Shout wipes. Because white shirts should stay white. Even if I do dribble a little coffee during my morning meeting, I can make sure that I look clean and put together for my afternoon clients with these wipes.
- Compact brush and mirror. Frizz is not your friend!
- Nail file. This one was recently added after snapping the tip of one of my acrylics off on a file cabinet at work.
- Bobby pins. Fly-away’s are awful! Luckily, I can slip a few of these in to get my bun back in place on hectic or unusually humid days.
- Hair ties. If all else fails, I can toss my hair in ponytail and get things done!
- Mini screwdriver. I am prepared for almost anything! Just in case my glasses get loose or I need to pry something small open.
- Personal care bag. A majority of the smaller items pictured here are placed in this bag so I have a central location for everything.
- Gum. I dislike walking into afternoon client meetings after lunch without chewing a piece of gum. I found this package is convenient to toss in my bag so the gum is contained and neat.
- Extra phone battery. While I do have a charger at work and in my car, I hate the idea of being without a back up.
- Umbrella. So I don’t have to be singing in the rain!
- Water bottle. This is brand new and amazing! This bottle keeps hot beverages warm for 12 hours and cold beverages cold for 24 hours! Plus, it won’t sweat in the humidity!
- Wallet. Because shopping!
- Chap-stick/ Lip Gloss. I have found that my office is extremely dry a majority of the time. I am a huge fan of Carmex as a base coat under any lipstick or chap-stick.
- Inhaler. It ain’t easy, being wheezy!
- Mirror. Salad in your teeth? Not on my watch!
- Purse hook. Sometimes the floor is just….ick!
- Car keys. I love that this bag has a clip on the inside to hold my keys so that I am not left diving in like Mary Poppins to find them when walking to my car.
- Phone charger. I like a 100% battery!
What is one essential you never leave home without?
What is your go-to work bag?